• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

wynandart

Germany
Photograph of an Eurasian Kestrell with digital painting and filter effects.

My digital bird artworks are a combination of my love for birds, photography and painting. I have developed an unique style in my bird art that aims to capture the beauty of pure bird photography in combination with digital painting techniques whereby the bird photos are in harmony, and part of, an abstracted/impressionistic and graphic background.

I know that most traditional photographers and painters are against this sort of art, but I really love doing it. Comments will be appreciated.

Attachments

• photoart-11_065.jpg
    photoart-11_065.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 82
Last edited by a moderator:
Photograph of an Eurasian Kestrell with digital painting and filter effects.

My digital bird artworks are a combination of my love for birds, photography and painting. I have developed an unique style in my bird art that aims to capture the beauty of pure bird photography in combination with digital painting techniques whereby the bird photos are in harmony, and part of, an abstracted/impressionistic and graphic background.

I know that most traditional photographers and painters are against this sort of art, but I really love doing it. Comments will be appreciated.
Yep love doing it, here is one of a Herring Gull

Attachments

• imageedit_30_8746904703.jpg
    imageedit_30_8746904703.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 26

That's because a lot of traditional wildlife artists wouldn't consider it art. But I'd say to them that an awful lot of traditional wildlife painting, photography and sculpture, is actually illustrative or representative, and not art.

I'm opening that can of worms labelled 'What is Art?'*, but if you love using digital effects, it doesn't matter how it's labelled, or what traditionalists think of it.

*Having spent a lifetime in art and design, I can't help myself!

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back