• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird photography - Top overseas locations (1 Viewer)

OK- how about a bit of lateral thinking. Try Libya. It has great birding in all seasons - see my blog if you don't believe me.

The ancient cities of Cyrene (Greek) and Leptis Magna (Roman) are in excellent condition and you won't feel part of a big tourist circus. The cities must be seen by every one before they die. (and the birding is seriously good at both sites - so you can go off birding while your partner does culture). In other parts of the country, desert safaris are another option.

Although mixed batheing is theoretically frowned upon you can take a picnic and find mile upon mile of glorious Med coastline for yourself.

By the way take no notice of any one else's opinion of Libya!!! They have almost certainly never been here.

Last edited:
OK- how about a bit of lateral thinking. Try Libya. It has great birding in all seasons - see my blog if you don't believe me.

The ancient cities of Cyrene (Greek) and Leptis Magna (Roman) are in excellent condition and you won't feel part of a big tourist circus. The cities must be seen by every one before they die. (and the birding is seriously good at both sites - so you can go off birding while your partner does culture). In other parts of the country, desert safaris are another option.

Although mixed batheing is theoretically frowned upon you can take a picnic and find mile upon mile of glorious Med coastline for yourself.

By the way take no notice of any one else's opinion of Libya!!! They have almost certainly never been here.

Libya might not be a good idea !!!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back