• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Points Game Yearlist 07 Version! (2 Viewers)

Any chance I can join? I went back and added up my score I didn't cheat I promise (unless you count poor math) o:D I'm of course in category "C" and I have 6100 points so far this year. Like BF I did well with all the warblers.

Edit: someone with more time than me should do this for the ABA. It would be fairly easy because the ABA checklist already gives birds codes.

I was thinking of doing that myself, but you'd need to adjust the codes. Remember in fair England, they have a fairly limited area, so if anything pops up anywhere it's plain rare for England. But in the ABA area it's much more common to have east-west or north south strays, i.e. Cattle Egrets are so common that they can be seen by flying over Florida, but one in Washington state will cause a commotion. Or maybe you wouldn't need to adjust, they just average it out in the codes.

If you mind, David, tell me.

Last edited:
Hi. Here are the scores after not being on for a couple od days (AGAIN!) Anyone can feel free to create their own version but I wouldnt be that good at all at foriegn countries.
Thanks Claire! I expect Americans wil do well in the last part too.
Welcome cjwolf!
Here are the scores:
Scoreboard
Category A
1st: Teamsaint with 4070 points.
2nd: Hotspur with 2825 points
2nd: The Devil Bird (me) with 2590 points.
3rd: Claire78 with 1485 points .
Category B

Category C
1st:Birderbf with 6610 points .
2nd: cjwolf with 6100 points.
3rd:Swiss7 with 4130 points / B.C Birder with 4130 points .
4th: Storm Petrel with 3120 points.
5th: Jocateme with 1075 points

Last edited:
How many points for a red backed shrike? There's one at Stodmarsh in Kent, saw it about 2 weeks ago, still being spotted at the same place, opposite the Harrison's drove hide!

Claire I think the final part may be ready for releasing soon. When this one is finished I am afraid we will have to wait until 2008 for the next game, by then I will have created a word 07 compatable version so Claire won't have to do it. but of course if you see any new 07 birds then please add them to the scores.

Claire I think the final part may be ready for releasing soon. When this one is finished I am afraid we will have to wait until 2008 for the next game, by then I will have created a word 07 compatable version so Claire won't have to do it. but of course if you see any new 07 birds then please add them to the scores.

You should bump this up every once in a while because, like you said, there will be additions to everybody's score. There's still half a summer, half a winter, and one whole migration left this year!!!

Here is the final part in the 07 game......

539. Common Yellowthroat* Geothlypis trichas A 90
540. Hooded Warbler* Wilsonia citrina A 90
541. Wilson's Warbler* Wilsonia pusilla A 100
542. Summer Tanager* Piranga rubra A 100
543. Scarlet Tanager* Piranga olivacea A 90
544. Eastern Towhee* Pipilo erythrophthalmus A 100
545. Lark Sparrow* Chondestes grammacus A 90
546. Savannah Sparrow* Passerculus sandwichensis A 90
547. Song Sparrow* Melospiza melodia A 90
548. White-crowned Sparrow* Zonotrichia leucophrys A 90
549. White-throated Sparrow* Zonotrichia albicollis A 80
550. Dark-eyed Junco* Junco hyemalis A 80
551. Lapland Longspur Calcarius lapponicus A 30
552. Snow Bunting Plectrophenax nivalis A 20
553. Black-faced Bunting* Emberiza spodocephala A 90
554. Pine Bunting* Emberiza leucocephalos A 80
555. Yellowhammer Emberiza citrinella A 20
556. Cirl Bunting Emberiza cirlus A 30
557. Rock Bunting* Emberiza cia A 90
558. Ortolan Bunting Emberiza hortulana A 50
559. Cretzschmar's Bunting* Emberiza caesia A 90
560. Yellow-browed Bunting* Emberiza chrysophrys A 90
561. Rustic Bunting Emberiza rustica A 70
562. Chestnut-eared Bunting Emberiza fucata A 100
563. Little Bunting Emberiza pusilla A 60
564. Yellow-breasted Bunting* Emberiza aureola A 70
565. Reed Bunting Emberiza schoeniclus A 15
566. Pallas's Bunting* Emberiza pallasi A 90
567. Black-headed Bunting* Emberiza melanocephala A 60
568. Corn Bunting Emberiza calandra A 20
569. Rose-breasted Grosbeak* Pheucticus ludovicianus A 80
570. Indigo Bunting* Passerina cyanea A 100
571. Bobolink* Dolichonyx oryzivorus A 80
572. Brown-headed Cowbird* Molothrus ater A 100
573. Baltimore Oriole* Icterus galbula A 80

Here are the scores so far. It seems too far away until the 08 yearlist version, hopefully it will be better organised and slightly easier. I want to thank Claire for helping with posting the list and all the players, thanks everyone! Remember there is a whole Autumn Migration Season and winter for us to get our year lists higher so please keep me updated whenever you see anything new for the year.
Scoreboard
Category A
1st: Teamsaint with 4145 points .
2nd: Hotspur with 3115 points.
2nd: The Devil Bird (me) with 2590 points
3rd: Claire78 with 1520 points.
Category B

Category C
1st:Birderbf with 7730 points .
2nd: cjwolf with 6100 points
3rd: B.C Birder with 4770 points.
4th:Swiss7 with 4130 points
5th: Storm Petrel with 3120 points
6th: Jocateme with 1075 points

Last edited:
Haha this many for me: 1120. My lowest scorer was Snow Bunting, then Lapland Longspur... the rest were 80s-100s!

I could pretend to be a really good UK twitcher who's never seen the common birds... ;)

Thanks birderbf. Just shows how some of our super rare birds are dirt common over there. It is interesting following your new version. Have European Robins ever been recorded in America, I guess not, they are rather deilcate small birds and mainly non migratory however your sparrows and finches and things get here so...

Thanks birderbf. Just shows how some of our super rare birds are dirt common over there. It is interesting following your new version. Have European Robins ever been recorded in America, I guess not, they are rather deilcate small birds and mainly non migratory however your sparrows and finches and things get here so...

Yeah the winds favor you. Especially for something like the little Robin, I doubt they could get through the headwinds to here. Your nice waterfowl, shorebirds and gulls don't have much of a problem though! We've got a Curlew Sandpiper at good ol' Jamaica Bay right now, right outside of New York city.

Thanks cjwolf...
Scoreboard
Category A

1st: Teamsaint with 4145 points .
2nd: Hotspur with 3115 points.
2nd: The Devil Bird (me) with 2590 points
3rd: Claire78 with 1520 points.
Category B

Category C
1st:Birderbf with 7730 points .
2nd: cjwolf with 7020 points.
3rd: B.C Birder with 4770 points.
4th:Swiss7 with 4130 points
5th: Storm Petrel with 3120 points
6th: Jocateme with 1075 points

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back