• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birders' Choice Awards 2022 (1 Viewer)

Troubador

Staff member
Supporter
I was Googling bird guides recently but ended up on the Bird Guides website where I found that their annual Birders’ Choice Awards is offering the opportunity to vote in 10 different categories including nature reserves, conservation heroes and even rarity of the year.

Category 8 is for Product of the Year and they have nominated Zeiss SFL binoculars as well as 2 cameras, a travel scope, and an updated version of BTO’s Bird Track recording app. Of course it is the binoculars that interest us here and it would be really nice to see binos win this category. I have reviewed SFL 8x40 and 10x40 on Birdforum and the thread that started with my review of the 8x40 has now received over 49,000 views, which is startling, to say the least. Take a look at the reviews and you will see why I encourage you to cast your vote in favour of SFL. Voting closes on 31st December 2022.

I also congratulate Zeiss on using images of a woman (a well-known birder from the Netherlands) in SFL promotional material, which is quite refreshing in the often male-dominated world of sports optics.

Lee
Zeiss_SFL_(1).jpg

Last edited:
Here's the link

Voting closes on 31st December 2022
Thank you for posting the closing date! Have been ferrying Troubadoris to and from hospital (nothing serious) and totally forgot this crucial piece of info.

I will copy this and add to my posts.

Lee

So, is Zeiss a major sponsor of this event?
No. Visited the Bird Guide's website and there is no sign of any brand sponsoring at all. Appears to be entirely created by Bird Guides who have nominated all the contenders in all the categories. Sports optics are only one category out of a total of 10 and the Zeiss SFL binos were nominated by Bird Guides. Follow the link in Post 2 to take a look.

Lee

Last edited:
No. Visited the Bird Guide's website and there is no sign of any brand sponsoring at all. Appears to be entirely created by Bird Guides who have nominated all the contenders in all the categories. Sports optics are only one category out of a total of 10 and the Zeiss SFL binos were nominated by Bird Guides. Follow the link in Post 2 to take a look.

Lee
Its run in association with The Birder’s Store

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back