• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birders in Berlin? (1 Viewer)

dario_mad

Hello to all, Dario here, from Madrid (lived in UK for 14 years).
Im living in Berlin now, have been doing so for about 7 months, and so far having a lot of fun birding on a daily basis, enjoying the possibility of a new local patch list, etc. It's been an interesting winter so far, with quite a few surprises.
Point at hand, in spite of beeing a city full of large parks, pseudo-forests and decently sized water bodies, I don't seem to encounter a lot of birders or photographers (not that I did in other cities I've lived in... but anyway).
So this is a call to any birders, experienced or beginners, old and young, local and international, in case you should like to meet up, share info, or organize day trips.
I have a car, and am planning in the coming weeks a few late winter-early spring outings to Rathenow and Oder-Wartha/Bird Republic in Poland, should anybody also be interested in tagging along.
I live in P-berg near F-hain Volkspark.
If anybody has no knowledge or experience, but wants to learn, I enjoy explaining and showing, always have.
So, not having too high hopes, but still, let's see if anybody answers.
Good luck and good birding

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back