• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birdguide in Madagascar (1 Viewer)

Any other option (professional bird guide)?

Regards,

I suggest looking at some of the other threads here. We found MTG to be extremely helpful. Except for the area a specific guide is certified for, there will always be local guides required as well.

'peterday' has just returned home from Madagascar and is posting some cracking pics in the Gallery. Might be worth sending him a PM if you don't get any joy here.

Chris

I suggest looking at some of the other threads here. We found MTG to be extremely helpful. Except for the area a specific guide is certified for, there will always be local guides required as well.

Swissboy,

is there any possibility to contact those local guides in advance to tell them that we are going?

If not, what is the procedure?

They are standing at the gates of the parks and you can chose any of them?

Swissboy,

is there any possibility to contact those local guides in advance to tell them that we are going?

If not, what is the procedure?

They are standing at the gates of the parks and you can chose any of them?

Jose, please check your in box, I sent you a PM!

Not sure exactly how you find those local guides, but I presume through the people at the park entrance offices.

I think the web site you listed is similar to MTG. Fano will certainly not be a local guide to all the localities, but he would also have to employ true local guides then. That is, by the way, important to keep the locals from killing the wildlife or destroying the habitats. They need to be able to earn a living from us visitors.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back