• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding near Aarhus? (1 Viewer)

MilouTheBrave

Prone to violent mood swings
I'm off to Aarhus to a conference at the start of November. I've managed to tack an extra day on at the end to have a look around. Interested in any Nature reserve or opportunity to see a bit of the countryside. I found this link on an earlier thread:

http://www.linander.dk/stig/birds_e.htm

Which is a great start and I'll think I might check out Stubbe Sø mentioned there. Does anyone know more about Stubbe Sø or any other good places to visit within an hour or so of Aarhus. Any advice welcome.

Thanks
Milou

In the link you found yourself, there is a further link to http://www.dof.dk/sider/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=354&Itemid=402; on this page, try to scroll down to Brabrand Sø & Årslev Engsø, which is basically within the city limits of Aarhus. Unfortunately, November is late compared to migration etc, so wintering and migrant ducks are probably the biggest draw at that time.

Going due west from Aarhus for about 30 Km is Silkeborg, which is surrounded be several large forests and several lakes. Among the draws here are black and green woodpecker and kingfisher (at least that was the case 15 years ago when I lived in Jutland).

Niels

Thanks

Neils

Thanks for that. Top stuff. I'll post a report after I've been. But don't expect too much I'm very much a beginner.

Milou

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back