• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

BirdNET Analyzer species lists (2 Viewers)

nicklittlewood

Does anyone know of (or have) a list of British Birds in the format accepted by BirdNET analyzer? Preferably full British List for starters but happy with anything approximating to this. I'd like to customise for different deployments and it would be good to have a shorter starting list that the downloadable full list of all species covered by BirdNET.

Thanks
Nick

Does anyone know of (or have) a list of British Birds in the format accepted by BirdNET analyzer? Preferably full British List for starters but happy with anything approximating to this. I'd like to customise for different deployments and it would be good to have a shorter starting list that the downloadable full list of all species covered by BirdNET.

Thanks
Nick
Did you try this?

You can generate a species list for a given location using species.py in case you need it for reference. Here is an example:

python3 species.py --o example/species_list.txt --lat 42.5 --lon -76.45 --week 4

noting also:

--week, Week of the year when the recording was made. Values in [1, 48] (4 weeks per month). Set -1 for year-round species list.

Did you try this?

You can generate a species list for a given location using species.py in case you need it for reference. Here is an example:

python3 species.py --o example/species_list.txt --lat 42.5 --lon -76.45 --week 4

noting also:

--week, Week of the year when the recording was made. Values in [1, 48] (4 weeks per month). Set -1 for year-round species list.
Many thanks - appreciate the info. Alas I've not delved into the world of python, but this would be useful indeed.

Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back