• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds from Botswana (2 Viewers)

Dear Tib, yes, I see... But the thing I can't understand - all said that it's Mourning. But on my mind the shape of bare skin on my picture are the same as Red-eyed has! If it will be not pale, but red, will be the same as Red-eyed. Or I missed something and my dove is Red-eyed??? Because Mourning hasn't such triangle bare skin, only red or pink ring around the eye. This is the reason... :eek!:

Attachments

• Clip.jpg
    Clip.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Clip2.jpg
    Clip2.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Clip4.jpg
    Clip4.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 10
Dear Tib, yes, I see... But the thing I can't understand - all said that it's Mourning. :

I have no opinion on which is the correct iid, but I noticed that you made the above statement, so you seem a little confused? Only 1 person has suggested it is Mourning Dove on this thread. Four people have suggested it is Red-eyed Dove.

I have no opinion on which is the correct iid, but I noticed that you made the above statement, so you seem a little confused? Only 1 person has suggested it is Mourning Dove on this thread. Four people have suggested it is Red-eyed Dove.

Yes, sorry! But Valéry Schollaert was so sure....
Thank all of you for the help!!!!!!! It was interesting discussion! :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back