• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds ID & Field Guide Android Application (1 Viewer)

Hi,
I have developed an Android Mobile App for Kakadu bird identification & information. The concept of the app is to provide features where a user when he/she sights a bird, and cannot identify it but wants to recognize & learn more about the bird, all he/she has to do is select the filters provided in the app based on what he observes about the bird and the App returns the list of birds matching those criteria.

The search engine developed in the app is pretty fast and efficient and with few clicks should filter down birds from a very large list to the targeted list provided the filters are applied correctly.

FILTERS

Under the drop-down Menu - Advanced Search currently I have provided 8 Main filters as mentioned below
Color
Habitat
Bird Type
Voice
Flight Type
Conservation Status

Once you click on any of the filter it would display the attributes for that specific filter. Each attribute has a checkbox which can be selected. Once you select a checkbox it would filter the birds and display the list Realtime on the left side of the screen. You can select and de-select the filter based on your preference and the search engine would update the display list for any change you make. You also have an option to delete all the attributes or specific attributes and start from beginning.

Could you please review the demo app I have published on Google play store?

Demo Version

Full Version of App

With Regards,
Mithilesh Gupta

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back