• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bowling Green Marsh (1 Viewer)

Stuart

For all you birder's that havent made it yet, you still have time!! Cuz the glossy ibis was here again today, it flew in to Bowling Green at 4.45 pm and started to feed.According to other birder's in the hide, it's a little hit and miss some days, but it wasnt for me:t: , another tick for 2003.....

also there of note today 2 spoonbills(the juv showing really close for those with the digi cam's),loads of duck including 1 fem goldeneye, few pochard, loads of wigeon,shovelar,teal.5 brent geese mixed in with the cananda and 200+ black tailed godwit's flew into roost.

Stuart

I love BGM myself and saw three Goldeneyes last time out and the Glossy back in December. Were the Greenshank and Spotted Redshank present? They have been reported on the net there. I suppose it may have been too early for the waders to return. I first saw the Spotted in Dawlish in November or December and again at Powderham. Was the platform productive? In here I had a winter just behind the hide, a male. Hope to bump into you around.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back