• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Brief review of Meopta Meostar B1+ 8x42. (in comparison with Zeiss Victory SFL 8x40 (2 Viewers)

HenRun, thank you, again.

What you further explain about "focusing through" is noted and I will check--and possibly find it is something I experience but have not observed!

Following birds in flight thru. handheld 15x maybe no-one does! The MeoStar 12x50 is, of course, meant to be primarily handheld. Improved detail when mounted is seen even with 10x, any 10x.

With regard to what you say about the possibility of a yellow hue in the MeoStar 8x32, as I recall it is, on the contrary, in its non-HD vs HD that users find such a thing, but I may be wrong.

That "brightness washout" other reviewers find in the Swaro. 15x56 vs the MeoStar 15x56. Again, may be this varies among users. I am affected by that in many binos of diverse makes.

Well, I thought I could now stop yearning for the Leica Ultravid 7x42 but then learn you wear glasses which I don't and so I may be back where I was!

Not sure I understand "would rather have company". Is it that you have some really good friends? My minimalist "carrying set" is to be Zeiss Victory 8x25 in the pants pocket and MeoStar 15x56 with a mount hoped to be sought from the natural landscape, but I'm yet to actually try this out.

HenRun, I am, now, as often, worried about writing a lot off topic in a thread and think maybe we should curtail this dialog incited by me!

Adhoc, don’t worry. Thread has been dormant for some time. 😊

I have good company for bino outings but not too often. When I am out on my own my set up varies, often ”just” the 12x50HD on a monopod, sometimes just an 7/8x.

With the BTX I prefer bringing a smaller handheld bino, for convenience.

Actually, I thought the foll. meant your companions will carry some of your binos for you :), hence my comment!

"I am still young enough to bring three binos but I would rather have company if I do which makes it easier to manage the whole circus it becomes..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back