• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Brown Willow Warbler North East London? (2 Viewers)

KenM

Found this morning, oddly enough it appeared with a brown Chiffie, confusion reigned for a while as there was interaction between the two birds over bathing rights.
As I crudely understand it, brown types can be ascribed to either Phylloscopus trochilus acredula or P.t.yakutensis?
I suspect they’re not separable in the field?

Cheers

Attachments

• DSC07924.jpeg   Brown grdn.WW3.jpeg
    DSC07924.jpeg Brown grdn.WW3.jpeg
    312.9 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC07929.jpeg   Brown Grdn. WW 2..jpeg
    DSC07929.jpeg Brown Grdn. WW 2..jpeg
    318.8 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC07918.jpeg   Brown Grdn.WW4.jpeg
    DSC07918.jpeg Brown Grdn.WW4.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 96
Glad you told us what these are; I wouldn't be able to identify them. 918 seems to have very short primary projection; I can't tell what emarginations it has.

In 929 projection seems longer...

I can't make anything sensible of 924

Glad you told us what these are; I wouldn't be able to identify them. 918 seems to have very short primary projection; I can't tell what emarginations it has.

In 929 projection seems longer...

I can't make anything sensible of 924
The pp is equal to the tertial length and there are just three emarginations….

Users who are viewing this thread

Back