• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Building your own iphone 13pro digiscope swarovski atx adapter (1 Viewer)

I assume you fix using the 1x OR the 3x lens. I previously 3D printed an adapter to hold my old phone in its case…. Need to review and reprint, but now I have a choice of lenses :-?
Peter

you have to use the wide lens. this allows you to use the 2x zoom.

Attachments

• 090E4E39-740A-4CBF-ACBD-7109B4F21A2C.jpeg
    090E4E39-740A-4CBF-ACBD-7109B4F21A2C.jpeg
    82.7 KB · Views: 25
I assume you fix using the 1x OR the 3x lens. I previously 3D printed an adapter to hold my old phone in its case…. Need to review and reprint, but now I have a choice of lenses :-?
Peter
The 3x can be used provided you have sufficient distance to your subject.I shoot a lot from my car window mount and the birds are generally too close to use the 3x on a 20-60 mag scope. The. 1x wide lens will cause some vignetting but a slight spread on the viewing screen will fix that with only a bit of digital zoom.

Hi Rsb,
that looks like a very nice setup.

I also have an iPhone 13 pro and a Swarovski ATX scope, but the PA adapter ring, i.e. the old aluminium one, which is why I measured its outer thread diameter (15mm), ordered a M15x0,75 tap at voelkel and bought a 14mm drill and hope everything will fit the adapter ring. I also bought the same phone case.

Now my questions:
Is the material you used pure aluminum?
Did you use two pieces, one with the hole and thread, the other one without?
How thick are the two pieces as I guess your 5mm only refers to the one with the thread?
How did you glue them together and how did you glue them to the case?
Are you happy with the distance to the wide lens (no black circle around the picture)?
Any other tips for a newbie in using a tap and glueing plastic with metal?

Thanks a lot

Hi Rsb,
that looks like a very nice setup.

I also have an iPhone 13 pro and a Swarovski ATX scope, but the PA adapter ring, i.e. the old aluminium one, which is why I measured its outer thread diameter (15mm), ordered a M15x0,75 tap at voelkel and bought a 14mm drill and hope everything will fit the adapter ring. I also bought the same phone case.

Now my questions:
Is the material you used pure aluminum?
Did you use two pieces, one with the hole and thread, the other one without?
How thick are the two pieces as I guess your 5mm only refers to the one with the thread?
How did you glue them together and how did you glue them to the case?
Are you happy with the distance to the wide lens (no black circle around the picture)?
Any other tips for a newbie in using a tap and glueing plastic with metal?

Thanks a lot
sorry for the late response
yes it is 2 pieces of aluminum. these are glued with super glue. and the whole is stuck with thin double-sided tape on the case

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back