• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bumper weekend - (1 Viewer)

Reesyd

Wales
Had an early one Saturday taking in Bosherston, Pembrokeshire, UK, and seeing the 2 lesser scaups put up on birdguides. Topped of with Nuthatch and a couple of Bullfinches in the old gardens.

Done the Sunday at WWT LlanellI, Carmarthenshire, UK and witnessed the Pallid Harrier over the salt marsh and Lougher estuary, Curlew and Greenshank at around 20 yards so with great definition in the bins + MM60 and a couple of snipe.

Looking forward to WWT Slimbridge, Gloucestershire, UK this coming weekend.

Happy bird spotting to all. šŸ˜

Had an early one Saturday taking in Bosherston, Pembrokeshire, UK, and seeing the 2 lesser scaups put up on birdguides. Topped of with Nuthatch and a couple of Bullfinches in the old gardens.

Done the Sunday at WWT LlanellI, Carmarthenshire, UK and witnessed the Pallid Harrier over the salt marsh and Lougher estuary, Curlew and Greenshank at around 20 yards so with great definition in the bins + MM60 and a couple of snipe.

Looking forward to WWT Slimbridge, Gloucestershire, UK this coming weekend.

Happy bird spotting to all. šŸ˜
How was your trip to Slimbridge?? I keep threatening to go but itā€™s a couple of hours for me! What did you see there??

The thread I started has made me doubt if itā€™s worth it and was hoping for someone to tell me itā€™s fantasticšŸ˜„

How was your trip to Slimbridge?? I keep threatening to go but itā€™s a couple of hours for me! What did you see there??

The thread I started has made me doubt if itā€™s worth it and was hoping for someone to tell me itā€™s fantasticšŸ˜„
Iā€™m so sorry I didnā€™t reply to you earlier and have only seen this now.

Slimbridge is so worth it and we travel from westest Wales so a 2 hour trot for us. The Tudor Lodge is V good šŸ˜‰šŸ‘ and the walk if you prefer from there to the centre can be very rewarding.

Winter in Slimbridge is the Kalahari of summer Africa as we was told on our summer trip there with the geese, waders, ducks of all types, cranes, Avocets etc and all being there. Canā€™t recommend enough going in winter to Slimbridge November through to mid February.
Everything you could wish to see will be there.

Sorry again, hopefully youā€™ll do a reccy and get a feel for it.

BTW, do the deal of member if you going to go more than a couple of times a year. Well worth it.

If you hit it right in the winter the tour of Sir Peter Scottā€™s house is great.

Iā€™m so sorry I didnā€™t reply to you earlier and have only seen this now.

Slimbridge is so worth it and we travel from westest Wales so a 2 hour trot for us. The Tudor Lodge is V good šŸ˜‰šŸ‘ and the walk if you prefer from there to the centre can be very rewarding.

Winter in Slimbridge is the Kalahari of summer Africa as we was told on our summer trip there with the geese, waders, ducks of all types, cranes, Avocets etc and all being there. Canā€™t recommend enough going in winter to Slimbridge November through to mid February.
Everything you could wish to see will be there.

Sorry again, hopefully youā€™ll do a reccy and get a feel for it.

BTW, do the deal of member if you going to go more than a couple of times a year. Well worth it.

If you hit it right in the winter the tour of Sir Peter Scottā€™s house is great.
That sounds just what Iā€™m looking for. Iā€™m actually going to Devon for a family wedding in June so weā€™re going to pop into Slimbridge on the way to Weston super mare where weā€™re booked in for a night.

The mrs will be 8 and half months pregnant by then and doesnā€™t fancy doing the Derby to Devon drive in a day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back