• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bunting? Spreewald, Germany (1 Viewer)

Henry_Flower

Germany
Hi, I have another audio query. In the attached recording (from a farmland/light forest area) from today, there's a call heard several times, but most clearly after 30 seconds: there's a typical yellowhammer, then three notes at the same pitch, a lower one, then one in between. Is this also a yellowhammer, or perhaps some other bunting? Thanks for any help you can give on this one!

Attachments

• bunting_2023-05-01 12_22.wav
    2.9 MB
It sounds a bit like an Ortolan Bunting. But it is enough to be certain? I'm not sure...
That would be lovely -- Ortolans were what we were looking for, but on the recordings I've listened to there isn't that final higher note at the end. I don't know how much they vary?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back