• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Buzzards from Armenia, need ID (2 Viewers)

oleg2oleg

Hi! Here is some Buzzards from Armenia, Sevan Lake area. Early May. I can't understand - they are Common Buzzards (B.b.menetriesi ???) or Long-legged? On my mind more chances that they're Long-legged, but I doubt it...
Thank you for the help! )

Attachments

• 1st bird_1.JPG
    1st bird_1.JPG
    388.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 1st bird_2.JPG
    1st bird_2.JPG
    882.6 KB · Views: 81
  • 1st bird_3.JPG
    1st bird_3.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 85
  • 2nd bird_1.JPG
    2nd bird_1.JPG
    376.8 KB · Views: 80
  • 2nd bird_2.JPG
    2nd bird_2.JPG
    398.9 KB · Views: 99
  • 3 bird.JPG
    3 bird.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 93
  • 4 bird.JPG
    4 bird.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 89
  • 5 bird.JPG
    5 bird.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 78
Yes, I have this Guide, but the pictures are very simple... According them, on my mind, all my flying birds looks like Common Buzzard juv light phase, but carpal patches are big, like Long-legged have... :unsure:

So you're thinking that all of them are Common Buzzards, no different which ssp?

Have to assume that separating vulpinus from menetreisi is not (easy/possible?) oleg, otherwise someone would have attempted to clarify.
Certainly an attractive variant of Common Buzzard and thanks for showing the images.👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back