• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cabelas Outfitter 10x42 HD - What are they REALLY? (3 Viewers)

Pecos is a hole. That is all.

And yet: "On January 24, 2012, Pecos City appeared on the Forbes 400 as the second fastest-growing small town in the United States".

Doesn't explain what they were growing or how they made it grow so fast.

What do they call someone who comes from Pecos?
Lucky.
What do they call someone going back to Pecos?
Lost.

Can Pecos really be that bad?

Lee

And yet: "On January 24, 2012, Pecos City appeared on the Forbes 400 as the second fastest-growing small town in the United States".

Lucky.
Lost.

Lee

Pecos is near the epicenter of the Permian Basin oil field, where fracking resurrected the economy - for a little while anyway. That same statistic 4 years later would have probably shown the opposite trend.

But back to the topic at hand...

I did confirm today that the eyepieces will unscrew without a lot of fanfare or stress. And they go right back on just as easily. The eyecups on these are a bit larger than I need with my oversized nose, so it would be pretty neat to find a replacement pair with smaller eyecups and swap them out. I'll be on the watch for those.

Lucky.
Lost.

Lee

Once again, the quick answer is not always the most accurate. While it is true Pecos was the home of the first “rodeo,” (July 4, 1883), the first to have the competition that came to be called a “rodeo” was held in Wyoming about 14 years earlier. But, hey, we did have Billie Sol, Clay Allison, and Jim Miller. We would have had John Wesley Hardin. However, after his friend Jim Miller had his neck strecthed, Hardin moved on west to El Paso where he died of a lead collection that had recently been deposited into his body. :cat:

Bill

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back