• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cameras and ergonomics (2 Viewers)

I keep thinking Cameras must be just about the worst designed products you can buy!

In particular, they don't seem to acknowledge that humans have a big nose just below their eyes! Or a gap that lets in light on the outside edge of an eye socket.

I can understand from film days, that the design was restricted to some extent, but has any camera been designed to take into consideration the human nose?!

I keep thinking Cameras must be just about the worst designed products you can buy!

In particular, they don't seem to acknowledge that humans have a big nose just below their eyes! Or a gap that lets in light on the outside edge of an eye socket.

I can understand from film days, that the design was restricted to some extent, but has any camera been designed to take into consideration the human nose?!
Cine cameras usually have a nose friendly eye piece, but it does add bulk.
Alternatively, it should be easy to offset the eye piece to the side, which would solve the problem, but maybe complicate the ergonomics.

I've had to change eyes on my camera due to the right one becoming so long-sighted that the diopter adjustment no longer coped, so offsetting the viewfinder IMHO is not a good idea.

John

The only thing I think is odd with camera design is they don't do one for left-handed people!

Shane
As a left-handed person I have had to learn to be adept with my right hand. Shoot bow or a rifle right handed, golf right handed clubs, and baseball with a right hand glove. Helps with raquet ball and hand ball to be able to use both hands and I see this with pro soccer players that use either foot to put the ball into the net.

As a left-handed person I have had to learn to be adept with my right hand. Shoot bow or a rifle right handed, golf right handed clubs, and baseball with a right hand glove. Helps with raquet ball and hand ball to be able to use both hands and I see this with pro soccer players that use either foot to put the ball into the net.
I was born a leftie, but glaucoma has damaged my left eye enough that I learned to use my right eye.

In particular, they don't seem to acknowledge that humans have a big nose just below their eyes!
Yeah, its also awkward to look through viewfinders for more than a few seconds at a time because moisture from the breath can condense on the camera. That's annoying, and can't be good for the electronics inside.

The Canon R's are slightly better than their previous models for that.

Then you can replace the original eyecup with something like the Kiwifotos long camera eyecup, it adds another few centimeters, around $15...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back