• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Can anyone identify this bird? Sound recordings attached. Ohio (1 Viewer)

Luc Jacobs

United States
Hi, my name is Luc Jacobs and I live in Berwyn, Pennsylvania. After retiring a couple of years ago, my wife and I discovered the joy of bird watching and we have become quite addicted to this wonderful pass time. We are still learning a lot, and have started to travel in recent years to birding destinations.
We have gotten pretty good at visually identifying birds in our area, but are still learning a lot, and often struggling, about the birds' vocalizations.

I recently recorded a bird that we never saw but was singing quite loudly and repeatedly. A fellow birder of our local club in West Chester, PA, suggested to join Birdforum and post the recordings, hoping that someone on the forum could identify the bird.
So I'm attaching 2 sound files, Unknown song 1, and Unknown song 2. The song starts at second 6 and 17 on the first file and second 10 and 29 on the second file.

It would be wonderful if someone in this community could identify this bird. The recording was done in Elmore, Ohio on May 5th around 6 PM. The sound was coming from bushes and low trees along a riverbank, adjacent to a meadow.

Thanks

Attachments

• Unknown song 1.wav
    3.8 MB
  • Unknown song 2.wav
    5.5 MB
Hi Luc and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I've moved your post to the ID forum as they're better placed to help you in there.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back