• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Can you cross from SOuthern to Northern Cyprus with scope and binos? (1 Viewer)

wolfbirder

Reason I ask is that there is a restriction on the value of goods to 50 CYP.

Could make it a bit tricky potentially with optics value weighing in at way over that.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Nick

Spoke to a friend of mine in Birdlife Cyprus and he says there are no restrictions about travelling across one of the official borders, taking what you want, as long as you have your passport. Walking across is easy, no charge, but taking your own car will cost you minimum euros 25 to cover "insurance". If you have a rental car you need to check to see if the Rental Company will let you take it into the North, most don't though?

Shane

Hi Shane

thats great, I will get a taxi anyway but wondered about taking binos and scope as I have read that you can only take one set of binos and a camera.

Someone else has told me the same as you though, so it looks encouraging.

Many thanks again for prompt response.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back