• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

CAPE VERDE 22-30 JULY *Final* (1 Viewer)

Benedict Macdonald

England
Hi all,

Very much looking forward to this much-postponed trip and looking for keen birders to join. I'll be covering Santiago first, for all land endemics, coastal species and sea-watching, before moving to Sao Nicolau for the Raso/Branco section as well as land-based seawatches. I will use a reputable guide, Toi, for the Branco trip. I will not visit Boa Vista/Passaros for white-faced petrels given that the frigatebirds are now extinct. Looking for keen birders to join the trip and share the fun. Tend to be fairly targeted and we'll be using the very latest information to ensure we get the buzzard as well as all of the seabirds, I hope.

Once in touch we can talk logistics further, open to working with other birders on this to make sure everyone on the trip is happy with planning and costs.

Ben Macdonald

TARGETS (Santiago / Sao Nicolau Islets: Branco/Raso / Subspecies)

Fea's (Cape Verde) Petrel
Cape Verde Shearwater
Red-billed Tropicbird
Yellow-billed Egret
Black Heron
Cape Verde Buzzard
Helmeted Guineafowl
Cape Verde Swift
Grey-headed Kingfisher
Cape Verde Warbler
Iago Sparrow
Black-crowned Sparrow Lark
Cape Verde Storm Petrel
Boyd's Shearwater
Sooty Tern
Red-footed Booby
Raso Lark
Cape Verde Barn Owl
Bourne's Heron
Cape Verde Peregrine
Alexander's Kestrel
Neglected Kestrel

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back