• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Carolina wren fledglings are gone (1 Viewer)

Pcampo1215

United States
a Carolina wren made her nest on my patio table in between several bags of stuff that’s sitting on the table. It’s a really good and very protected spot. Since she’s made it i don’t sit near it anymore. Well the birds hatched about 9-10 days ago. Mom & dad have been feeding them around the clock. I think they had 4 in there but too hard to see. I’ve only been zooming in on photos I take so I’m not getting close. Well this morning I came out and all the babies are gone. One of the parents keeps coming with food but they are nowhere to be found. The nest is still in perfect condition so I don’t think a predator got them. It’s a really hidden spot. Is it normal for fledglings to leave the nest after only 9-10 days? I’m so worried now. Attaching photos but they’re hard to see since I had to zoom. These were taken a day or 2 ago.

Attachments

• 052BA9A1-51C9-40E2-B537-D1C88701F91A.png
    052BA9A1-51C9-40E2-B537-D1C88701F91A.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 3
  • D80E5250-DB84-46B6-9334-FD678FDF996C.png
    D80E5250-DB84-46B6-9334-FD678FDF996C.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 3
Welcome to Birdforum. I hope you enjoy your visits.

They usually fledge in 12-14 days so maybe your dates aren't quite right of when they hatched.

Well I did notice the momma go into the nest and bring food and there was still at least 1 still in there. Do they normally leave all at the same time or will one stay longer than the others? Momma is still removing the poop from the nest as well. I pray all the others are ok. Mom and dad were taking such good care of them. Feeding non stop around the clock❤️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back