• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Case for large binoculars - Zeiss 10x54 HT? (1 Viewer)

etc

I got this case from Crooked Horn Outfiters and it works wonderfully for mid-size binos like Swaro EL 8.5 or Zeiss 8x42. I need something similar but for the large sized 10x54 HT.

I got this case from Crooked Horn Outfiters and it works wonderfully for mid-size binos like Swaro EL 8.5 or Zeiss 8x42. I need something similar but for the large sized 10x54 HT.

etc

I have several Vortex cases for their 56mm models. A bit oversized (e.g. easily fit Zeiss 8x56 Night Owl with rainguard and large padded neck strap), large double belt loop, detachable adjustable padded shoulder strap, large adjustable click closure, no pockets. Good quality and reasonable priced. No affiliation.

Mike

Maybe the case that is still sold for the EL 50 and SLC 56? I bought it for my EL 10x50, although it is a bit large for it but I don't mind.

Damn, I was hoping for a thread making a case for owning and using large binoculars...
Shew....still thinking about those 12x50 options out there.

I think a Fujinon FMTR-SX 10x50 case would work. Scroll down to the cases.
Interesting binocular brand btw, they make an interesting 8×50FMTR-D/N (made to order), oh well….

I think that i will search for hard case with foam inside to transport the old Zeiss.

The Fujinon case is semi-hard. I use it for my Doctor Nobilem 8x56 B and it works pretty good. It will be difficult to find a hard case to fit your Zeiss. That is a big binocular.
Yes i know it will be difficult, i know leather hard cases exist for the not rubber armored Zeiss 15x60. Not sure if they will fit the BGAT version though. I’m gravitating to a Peli camera case

Well, i have three hard leather cases for some of my Leica‘s and they have some kind of velvet-ish material inside that is very binocular friendly. Also the BGAT is build like a tank so I’m really not afraid of damaging it. But thanks for you concern!

I think it’s a cost matter. I would love to have have hard leather cases for all my binoculars.

Well, i have three hard leather cases for some of my Leica‘s and they have some kind of velvet-ish material inside that is very binocular friendly. Also the BGAT is build like a tank so I’m really not afraid of damaging it. But thanks for you concern!
Leather looks nice, but the velvet lining isn't as shock absorbing if you drop your binoculars on a hard surface as a well padded soft case. The shock is directly transferred to your binoculars instead of being absorbed in the padding. Think about airbags. If you were in a wreck in your car, would you rather have an airbag around you or a layer of velvet.
Yes, you have a good point there. But the looks….

IMG_0313.jpegIMG_0314.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back