• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Changes (1 Viewer)

virgo10

While I haven't lived in Florida long enough to figure out what's normal and what isn't, I remain surprised at the changes in the bird population. This year we've had hundreds of robins. In the previous 4 winters I've been here, I've been lucky to see 5 a winter.

Out of no where we suddenly have chipping sparrows. Up until a month ago I never saw any type of sparrow at our house.

The white pelicans that were so plentiful the first two years we lived here have all but disappeared. I've only seen 2 so far this winter. :-C On an up note, the bald eagles have increased. :t:

Have you noticed any changes in the areas where you live?

I think this is ore to do with the harsh winter that much of the eastern states have been experiencing, pushing these birds down to warmer areas, as apposed to a long term change. Chance for a Florida rarity to turn up though! :t:

I would say the weather is definitely responsible for any influx of birds from the north.

I wonder if it will have any effect on any of the invasive species that are established there? I guess we'll have to wait until spring to find out.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back