• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cost of Photoshop CS3 Extended? (1 Viewer)

James

I'm losing it!
Hi folks

I'm one of those people who buy software instead of nicking it but I am confused.
I find this product advertised for anything from £700+ down to a free download (there must be a snag).
One US site has it at £148-72 plus a small extra cost for a disk version.

What is the cheapest legitimate price for the real product????
Whats going on here????

Regards

James

Hi folks

I'm one of those people who buy software instead of nicking it but I am confused.
I find this product advertised for anything from £700+ down to a free download (there must be a snag).
One US site has it at £148-72 plus a small extra cost for a disk version.

What is the cheapest legitimate price for the real product????
Whats going on here????

Regards

James

The cheapest legitimate price, is if you qualify for an educational discount, andto get it direct from Adobe. There are versions of software which officially can only be purchased to be built into a computer. I got my latest Windows that way. As adding extra capacity, or even cleaning the inside of the computer counts. This software has a specific designation, which I have forgotten. I don't know whether it is possible to get CS3 extended this way. It is important to remember that CS3 has to be activated by Adobe

Adobe sometimes do very good deals for an upgrade from a legitimate copy of an earlier version of Photoshop. We got a cracking deal on the complete Creative Suite package that way. I don't know if they have any such offers in force at the moment, however.

Ron

This software has a specific designation, which I have forgotten.

That would be OEM software, (Original Equipment Manufacturer) i dont believe Adobe do this, but educational discount is the best bet, at 147 quid(ish) thats the cheapest you can buy CS3 legitimately in the UK.

If you have a previous version CS or CS2 i think you can buy the upgrade version for about the same, 147 quid(again ish) to CS3.

I read on a website that you need to be studying a minimum of 2 years full time at degree level to qualify for a student copy. I'm doing a few weeks part time on photoshop - not likely to qualify!

James

I read on a website that you need to be studying a minimum of 2 years full time at degree level to qualify for a student copy. I'm doing a few weeks part time on photoshop - not likely to qualify!

James

Go to Adobe's educational website. All the conditions for both students and academic staff are laid out.

Many thanks folks

It seems that the terms and conditions for students are not as bad as I thought and I do qualify. This would seem to be the best route.

James

An upgrade from an earlier version of PS or PS Elements may be the cheapest legal route if you do not qualify for the educational discount.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back