• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Costa Rica Trip Report 4th - 17th March 2007 (1 Viewer)

Vectis Birder said:
That's a super report, Chris and I enjoyed the photos. What focal length lens did Jon use for these?
Glad you liked the report.
Jon was using a Canon 350D and a Canon 100-400IS lens.
He has a gallery on Bird Forum somewhere!

Nice report, Chris (excepting my alleged lack of prior research) and a valuable resource for anyone planning a trip to Costa Rica.

Smashing stuff, Chris. Takes me right back.

We managed three weeks in 2003 and got a bird list of a similar size to yours but with quite a few different species. We had a pelagic trip, which perhaps made a difference but between us I'll bet we saw 400 species. I'm quite envious of your Meadowlarks - that was a species that we'd really hoped to see.

I think you've missed Purple Marin from your pdf list. No I didn't go through it species by species and I've no idea how I spotted it, because I wasn't looking. I just noticed when reading the report that you only saw one, like us and it must have stuck. I wasn't proof reading!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back