• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

crimdon dene - hartlepool (1 Viewer)

Hi Dean Ive been told about Crimdon Dean but as being North of the Tyne am not familier with area how would i find it please. Hope your on the mend as well Marra

Hi Dean Ive been told about Crimdon Dean but as being North of the Tyne am not familier with area how would i find it please. Hope your on the mend as well Marra

being a non driver my directions will be dire so apologies in advance but i usually find it easier to tell people to head for crimdon dene holiday park along the coast road blackhall colliery as taking this turn takes you into the car park atop of the dunes. from there you can wander down into the dene or onto crimdon beach.

google.com/maps can give you directions directly to crimdon dene holiday park if coming north towards hartlepool through blackhall go past the left turn into the holiday park and its your next left turn about half mile along the road under the rail bridge and it leads into the car park (also searching google maps for pony world hartlepool will give directions to the car park )

i hope this helps somewhat its a nice place to wander around and vastly underwatched and of coarse you can continue along through hartlepool and visit some other decent sites.

DS

Thanks folks been on holiday so only got a chance now to see reply will check out soon are the Little Gulls still there

i only saw 1 little gull 2 days running in the same part of the dene when it was flooded not sure if its still about have just moved so dont live near crimdon anymore. if your down this way though greatham creek area seems to be good for little gulls and so does saltholme if its a bird your particualry looking to see.

DS

first time ive looked around my old local patch since moving only birds of note was 9 grey partridge feeding in the farmers field on the pathway down, the rest of the birds in the dene being scared away by people hunting rabbits with dogs obviously this is still a problem down there even though its not allowed

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back