• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

CWP viewing queries (1 Viewer)

KnowNothing

United Kingdom
Hello, complete novice here. I've been marching about the Cotswold Water Park of late during lunch hours, guiding myself using the CWP birding blog sections guide and CWP leisure map, but can't for the life of me work out the following:
  • Where to view birds at Eysey and how to get there from Eysey Manor
  • Where the best spot to watch at Lake 44 is (Am I correct in thinking there is no public access to the lake?)
As I say, I'm a complete novice so these may be daft questions.

Any help more than welcome. Thanks in advance.

Hi Knownothing and welcome to Birdforum from all the Staff.

I'm not sure how much help this will be to you, but it's probably worth a look at our Opus article on the CWP, it's full of helpful information and links.

My sister lives in Marlborough and I spent a lovely day there a few years ago.

Hi Knownothing and welcome to Birdforum from all the Staff.

I'm not sure how much help this will be to you, but it's probably worth a look at our Opus article on the CWP, it's full of helpful information and links.

My sister lives in Marlborough and I spent a lovely day there a few years ago.
Hi Delia, thanks for the welcome. I'm quite a bit the other side of the M4 from Marlborough, but it is a lovely place.

The Opus article is very good and I have found it useful, but as you say it doesn't quite answer my question. I have since received the answers from another source, and the answers are (should anyone be interested) - Eysey - from a mound by a layby (I'd probably need someone to show me) - good for waders and lake 44 has been fenced off by the holiday home company that owns the land, meaning viewing is through sporadic gaps in the hedge/fence.

Hi knownothing and welcome to BirdForum. I’ve only been a couple of times and generally found the place very hard to navigate. Hopefully a local will be along soon.

Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back