• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cyprus holiday--Species ID guide? (1 Viewer)

pauliev69

Proud Smoggie
Hi everyone, off to Cyprus in a few weeks time, can anyone recommend a decent ID book? Not a planned birding holiday, but we would like to ID any species we might see, thanks ;)

Hi

i have been to Cyprus a couple of times in late spring, i found the collins bird guide more than adaquate for any species encounterd there.

have a good trip

Phill.

Hi Paul,

I would agree with Sylvia, the Collins Guide got me by without any trouble when i was over there. Also, not an identification guide, but it's an incredibly useful guide to where to see birds on the isle of Cyprus, the book is quite cheap and can be picked up for around a tenner, its called A Birdwatching Guide to Cyprus, by Arthur Stagg and Graham Hearle, who have done many books on birding in Europe. I for one found it very useful on my trips as it give directions to sites, maps, what species can be expected and other general birding info. I would strongly reccommend it for you as it is a tremendous help.

Hope this is of use,

Dan

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back