• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Czech krknose national park+jizerksky hory mounts (1 Viewer)

BAM

Haj,
I am Marijn from Belgium. I am going on a family trip to Jablonec nad Jizerou in AUGUST (first two weeks) . I will have opportunities to go out and watch birds, but I don't have enough information. I registrated on this forum and I hope that some of you can help me. I already read the text about Krnose National Park, but I also mailed to a birdwatcher from Liberec and those two don't match...

So these are my main questions (from species I would really like to see):

-Is there a chance on tree-toed woodpecker? Where can I find it?
-This site tells me that the western capercaille isn't extinct in that area, the birdwatcher told me otherwise. Where do I have a good chance?
-Is the lesser spotted eagle still here? Where do I have a good chance?
-species like Tenglmalms owl, Pygmy owl,greenish warbler and White-backed woodpecker

-I read a load about subartic peatbogs, but where can I really find these?

Thank you a lot and I hope my post will be succesfully answered.
Marijn Bauters

ps: If you think all this information is a little to vulnerable, you can send it to me private...

Hi Marijn,

I know very little about birds in the Krkonose, but I can tell you something about the peatbogs.

There are two separate areas, both IBAs, Called Pancavska and Labska louka and Upska raselina, known for their svecica Bluethroats. For a general idea of their location, see the attached map: Pancavska and Labska louka is indicated by the red arrow, and Upska raselina by the orange one. If you don't already have it, I suggest getting the 1:50,000 Shocart map #24 so you can actually see how to get to these places. If you can't get a hold of one before your trip, let me know and I will pick one up and send it to you.

For additional information, try http://www.birdlife.cz/.

Adam

Attachments

• Bogs.jpg
    Bogs.jpg
    393.5 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:
I'm very thankful for your information Blackstart! I already have a good map but thanks for the wonderful offer!

Does someone else nows something about the region?

Marijn

Can't help you with your question Marijn, but would be interested to know where in Belgium you do most of your birdwatching.

West-Flanders... Are you on Belgian Birds? I am, but I never post a message on it, I'm more of a reader.
BAM

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back