• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dead finches (2 Viewers)

char66

Ireland
I have found 3 dead finches at the foot of my feeder in the last couple of days. I have removed the hangers and relocated them to the trees in the back and so far no problem. I reported earlier here that I have a rat in the garden near the feeder behind the scrubs. I have someone coming to give the garden a good clear out next week. Do you think it could have contimated the spilt seed on the floor?
I use sunflower hearts high up and don't feed on the floor but there is a tiny bit of husk that falls.
It is always tiny finches that I find.

Hi Char!

Do you know what type of finches they are? Possibly they are being attacked by the rat due to there eating what the rat feels the seed on the ground belongs to it. If you could get a photo of them and post them here perhaps someone can come up with some answers for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back