• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Different species / Azerbaijan (1 Viewer)

Jose605

Congo-Brazzaville
Photographed this morning.

Apologies for the quality of photos.

1st may be Turkestan Lark? 2nd a Dunlin?

The warblers are different individuals. Can't really tell which kind.

Thank you for any feedback.

Jose

1000003463.jpg1000003465.jpg1000003466.jpg1000003464.jpg

1) based on the bill shape, side streaking and maybe wing pattern, it looks like a finch/rosefinch/... (?); still, might be a bunting (?)
2) has a shorter bill than a Dunlin would and not downturned -- some stint (?)
3) would definitely require original photos to judge the primary projection better, maybe other feather detail; some reed warblers (?); the second one might be Chiffchaff (?)

better predictions will follow

1) based on the bill shape, side streaking and maybe wing pattern, it looks like a finch/rosefinch/... (?); still, might be a bunting (?)
2) has a shorter bill than a Dunlin would and not downturned -- some stint (?)
3) would definitely require original photos to judge the primary projection better, maybe other feather detail; some reed warblers (?); the second one might be Chiffchaff (?)

better predictions will follow

Thanks a lot, great feedback. The warblers may be tough to judge I agree. I'll wait for other potential comments, thanks!

Hello,

first is Corn Bunting. Please note the right bill shape, chunky and yellowish (excluding other similar Buntings).

The wader seems a 2cy Little Stint. By jizz and yellowish braces on the back. And more?

The 3. is a Willow Warbler imo. Green fringes to the wings exclude Reed Warblers and Sylvia warblers. Lon pp and pale lege exclude Chiffchaff

The last one is difficult but another Willow Warbler by head pattern

Hello,

first is Corn Bunting. Please note the right bill shape, chunky and yellowish (excluding other similar Buntings).

The wader seems a 2cy Little Stint. By jizz and yellowish braces on the back. And more?

The 3. is a Willow Warbler imo. Green fringes to the wings exclude Reed Warblers and Sylvia warblers. Lon pp and pale lege exclude Chiffchaff

The last one is difficult but another Willow Warbler by head pattern

Wow, thanks a lot Alexander. I'm usually familiar with Corn Buntings from Spain. But these ones behaved somehow different.

Since I'm not familiar with the warblers from this part of the world I though it would be wise to ask too.

Thanks again!! 👍🏼👍🏼

Users who are viewing this thread

Back