• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

distant rattle sound recording: Taiga/Red-breasted Flycatcher or something else entirely | Hegurajima, JP | may 2018 (1 Viewer)

HouseCrow

I was happy to squeeze out a label for this rattling call of a small bird somewhere in the thick growth on the central part of birding heaven Hegurajima (in the Sea of Japan): 'it could well be a Red-breasted Flycatcher' said Xeno Canto's main Japan responder as a reply to my post in the XC forum. I happily adopted that thought, with the intent to further investigate.... nothing came of it, upto now.
Last week someone posted a beautiful crisp Ficedula photo of an alleged Red-breasted Flycatcher. The greyness of the bird reminded me of Taiga Flycatcher, then it hit me again: was my rattling bird really a Red-breasted Flycatcher or could it be a distant Taiga Flycatcher... I presume the more common vagrant in Japan.

Could you help me out here?

NB. the recording is rather vague. It is best advised to use a headphone for the clearest sound.

btw: the main bird in the record is Japanese Bush Warbler.

record: Red-breasted Flycatcher (Ficedula parva)
original thread on XC: ID Unknown from Japan (XC508581) :: topic 31717 :: xeno-canto

cheers
Gerben

Attachments

• 54450.mp3
    838.9 KB
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back