• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

DPP does not download 1DMkIIn images (1 Viewer)

mr_birdman

No longer a Canon Snob.
Australia
Hi
I have acquired a mint 1D MkIIn body about six weeks ago. Strangely the DPP disc I installed (came in the camera box, unopened) does not seem to enable me to read the camera info via EOS utility, which I always used to download my 30D files. It is so strange. I can view and download via Lightroom, but not the Canon software. Anyone have any idea? Is it to do with the USB port perhaps? Mine is a USB2.0 port. My laptop is seven years old. 8-P

I guess that people are as confused as me about what you are asking for.

If Lightroom can see your camera to import photos then there is nothing wrong with your USB port(s).

Not sure why you need to download your photos with DPP/EOS Utility if you can import them into Lightroom?

Wow 65 views and no one has a clue?
Yep, that's about the size of it - I can't think of any obvious reason why the version of the software that came with the camera won't work with the camera.

But - out of curiosity - can DPP see the files if you (for example) just read them onto your machine via a card reader?

If not, then it might be that it's not the right disc for the camera after all...

I don't thing you can tether the mkII using a USB i think it only works using FireWire - so using a USB you can view files as if it is an external drive, but cannot view camera details or control the camera.

Thanks everyone. I use EOS Utility for the 30D and it's quick. Yes, I can use Lightroom to d/l photos, but it's painfully slow in comparison. I will try fire wire. Thanks again! I knew there were knowledgeable folks willing to lend a helping hand to a struggling fella! :)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back