• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

duck ID [Netherlands] (1 Viewer)

annelikesbirds

Hello!

As you can tell from the pictures, I was mostly interested in the lapwings, and it's only now that I've noticed there's multiple different ducks too. However I'm not sure what ducks they are, so I was hoping you could lend me a hand.

Judging from the large bill I think I'm seeing shovelers, both male eclipse and female, the latter very out of focus.
The other smaller ducks have rather delicate bills - that, and the overall colour makes me think they're either gadwalls or teals (one duck has what appears to be a green speculum), or both? Or maybe they're a different species altogether! Now I'm wishing I'd taken a picture of the ducks instead, so it'd be easier to tell... :)

Thank you!

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2017-09-06 om 09.22.14.jpg
    Schermafbeelding 2017-09-06 om 09.22.14.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 84
  • Schermafbeelding 2017-09-06 om 09.22.47.jpg
    Schermafbeelding 2017-09-06 om 09.22.47.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 38
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back