• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dunlin ? Kiruna, N. Sweden, today. (1 Viewer)

tarzzz

Sweden
Hello.

Not easy, if even possible ? Very loooooong distance.

I'm thinking Dunlin, or maybe Broad-billed Sandpiper ?

Thanks.

\surfan

Attachments

• kärrsnäppa_1a_230418.jpg
    kärrsnäppa_1a_230418.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 40
  • kärrsnäppa_1b_230418.jpg
    kärrsnäppa_1b_230418.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 37
  • kärrsnäppa_1c_230418.jpg
    kärrsnäppa_1c_230418.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 37
Hello,
do you have more pictures?

I agree with Lou on both points: first, it might well be a Dunlin, but yes, what an appearant long bill.
And seeing this, the posture of the bird with legs appearantly placed far towards the chest and the appearantly short rear-end might suit a Common Snipe better? (And the rounded belly too?)

Did you get a Dunlin vibe in the field? Then you know I think it was a Dunlin.

Hello,
do you have more pictures?

I agree with Lou on both points: first, it might well be a Dunlin, but yes, what an appearant long bill.
And seeing this, the posture of the bird with legs appearantly placed far towards the chest and the appearantly short rear-end might suit a Common Snipe better? (And the rounded belly too?)

Did you get a Dunlin vibe in the field? Then you know I think it was a Dunlin.
I got a Snipe-feeling at first, but very early for them here. The bill IS long. If it is a Snipe, than i guess it's impossible to say if it is a Common Snipe or a Jack Snipe ? Common SNipe is very common here, but thera are Jack Snipes every year too.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back