• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

E-520 with Tokina 400mm and EC-14 (1 Viewer)

davpen

I picked up an old manual focus OM mount Tokina 400mm SD f5.6 on eBay the other day (£31). With a cheap OM-4/3 converter and the EC-14 on my E-520 that comes to an equivalent focal length of 1120mm. Some high contrast shots do show some pretty horrendous purple/cyan/red fringing but the lens is very easy to focus and seems fairly sharp. Definitely worth experimenting with!

Pied Wags taken at lowest available f-stop (f8), IS on, hand held. They're slightly cropped, adjusted for levels and slightly sharpened (a bit too much?) in PS.

David

Attachments

• PWag.jpg
    PWag.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 140
  • PWagf.jpg
    PWagf.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 118
Thanks Cristian. Yes, I'll have a go without the EC-14 sometime soon. Should have done that first really, I suppose.

Well, I'm really happy with this lens. Here's one without the EC-14, hand-held, ISO400, f8, IS on. Photo uncropped and with no PP other than resizing for the forum.

Just to be clear: I don't normally take photos of Canada Geese, honest! This was just a test but, suffice to say, I'm looking forward to using it properly.

Attachments

• Canada.jpg
    Canada.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 122
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back