• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

E U and Illegal Hunting in Malta (1 Viewer)

Maltese indifference

We were shocked to read of the continued slaughter of birds in Malta, and especially of the total indifference and animosity of the Maltese President, who ignored and rebuffed the huge petition from conservationists and birdwatchers......in the Telegraph.
I shall never, ever go to Malta for a holiday, and I intend writing to those holiday companies which regularly use Malta hotels.
I have always had great respect for the Maltese people, but I feel tempted to suggest that the Island GC should be withdrawn, until they accept their responsibility.

A CHAPLIN said:
Please People,

I beg you to keep pressure on the EU and the government of Malta to stop the mindless slaughter of birds which I have been led to believe is now for "fun" not sport or hunting for food.

Remember migration is due to start very soon, some birds may already be on their way.

Thank you

Ann :egghead: :flyaway:

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back