• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Early Spring Birding (3 Viewers)

Euan Buchan

The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
Supporter
Scotland
What a fantastic Birding morning I had at my local patch there were lots of birds to enjoy and the weather was amazing after days of rain. The birds I saw were

2 Robin
1 Chiffchaff
1 Song Thrush
1 Blackbird
9 Woodpigeon
2 Crow
1 Wren
1 Pheasant
1 Great Spotted Woodpecker
4 Magpie
1 Jay
5 Blue Tit
6 Great Tit
2 Stock Dove
3 Mallard
1 Chaffinch

What a fantastic Birding morning I had at my local patch there were lots of birds to enjoy and the weather was amazing after days of rain. The birds I saw were

2 Robin
1 Chiffchaff
1 Song Thrush
1 Blackbird
9 Woodpigeon
2 Crow
1 Wren
1 Pheasant
1 Great Spotted Woodpecker
4 Magpie
1 Jay
5 Blue Tit
6 Great Tit
2 Stock Dove
3 Mallard
1 Chaffinch
Wowee! Brilliant! Do you usually see chaffinches there? I used to hear them in my garden all the time but haven't for a while now.

Had probably my best birding day yet today at Rutland water! First ever sightings of chiff chaffs, oystercatchers and Osprey!

Appreciate that they might not be all that special to most of you, but to me!!🥰🥰

I will say though, nobody ever told me how frustrating birding can be! I was looking in trees for what felt like hours trying to locate the owners of various bird song and even though they were clearly no more than 50 foot from me I barely caught sight of any at all!!😅

Users who are viewing this thread

Back