• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Editing tags on photos (1 Viewer)

rezMole

United Kingdom
I have only just started to add tags to photos as I upload any. But, thought it might be useful to add tags to photos I have previously uploaded. However, I don't seem to be able to do this (or remove tags from ones I had got wrong!). Is there a way to do this? Simply "editing" the photo does not show the tags area.

Hi RM

If you look at your picture (not open it for edit). Beside the row of tags you will see a luggage label. Click on that.

To delete one simply click on the cross.

Always remember to separate them with a comma and don't forget to save. Both steps are easily missed, as I know only too well LOL

Thanks for doing them, that's mainly where the Gallery Search on the Opus article looks for the images. Though the Title and Description area are covered too. However the Location, Scientific Name and Camera fields aren't.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Maybe it's one of the capabilities that your account strangely lost (apart from editing Opus). If Delia's advice doesn't help, that could be the case.

Maybe it's one of the capabilities that your account strangely lost (apart from editing Opus). If Delia's advice doesn't help, that could be the case.

Though the Gallery and Opus are (gosh I don't know the techie words to use).... ummm well they both use different software to the Forum I think.

They're both add-ons.

I just clicked on the scientific name of something yesterday and then clicked "Search gallery" and noticed that my photos of that particular species didn't appear. So I assumed it was because I never tag them. I use a content management system at work for a web site we have, and tagging is pretty much obsolete in that system, as the search works on all of the database content of a page or image.

However, if you'd scrolled down to the bottom of the Opus page... (the scientific name field appears under the picture and provides a link to the relevant Opus article) then click on the yellow search bar, I think you would have found your images as you usually have their name in the title.

You also have a choice when you click on the search bar to add your name to the search, then it will only look for your images. You can also click on a Category name, useful if a species can be found on different continents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back