• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Unable to edit Opus entries (1 Viewer)

rezMole

United Kingdom
I have recently come back to BIrdForum (after several years away) and I have been uploading images to the gallery. Several of these bird species (for example, Swamp Francolin) don't have any images in the corresponding Opus entry, so I thought I'd add them myself. But it seems I don't have permission to do these.

Are all the instructions out-of-date? Someone has edited a few of my photos into a couple of the Opus entries, so I assume it is still possible.

Hi and a warm welcome back to you. The only real changes that were made, perhaps, is that new members were unable to do a few things, such as editing Opus, but this obviously doesn't apply to you. However, when we moved to the new platform a couple of years ago some members seem not to have been able to do edits and we've never been able to work out why, so they have had to have their accounts updated manually by Admin.

I'll get this sorted for you shortly I hope (depends if they've woken from the celebrations ;))

Can you confirm that there is no tabbed marked Edit at the top right of the article and also no links for Edit beside the subheadings?

Last edited:
Hello, my bad I haven't dealt with Swamp Francolin, Indian Grassbird and Lowland Masked Apalis (begun but not finished) yet. Procrastination (with a touch of perfectionism) is to blame. I can't help you with your other issues, but I see that help is on the way.

Can you confirm that there is no tabbed marked Edit at the top right of the article and also no links for Edit beside the subheadings?
There is no "Edit" tab along the top - only "View", "View source" and "History". I seem to have a "Add new page" link in the "Tools" on the right hand side of the page, but nothing which indicates editing the existing page.

Hello, my bad I haven't dealt with Swamp Francolin, Indian Grassbird and Lowland Masked Apalis (begun but not finished) yet. Procrastination (with a touch of perfectionism) is to blame. I can't help you with your other issues, but I see that help is on the way.
Ah, I didn't realise you'd spotted those. I don't think there are any others. Although there are a few other Opus entries which could use some additional images and I think I have one or two which would add "value" (flight shots etc.).

Oh wonderful. I'm glad Ollie's managed to amend your account.

Yes, the upload is great.

Just one minor thing if you can remember to do it... if it's the first image to go on the page, could you delete the category for Missing Images at the very bottom. No worries if you forget, someone should catch it later.

Cheers Delia.

I have added images to two others as well (and have removed the "Missing Images" category on them all.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back