• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Egret in Okavango Delta October 2017 (1 Viewer)

vernon

An Egret photo taken in the Moremi Game reserve during a stay in the Okavango Delta in Oct 2017. I'm sure I knew which Egret it was at the time but looking at the photo alone now it does not seem so obvious. Can't decide as it looks half way between a Cattle and Yellow-billed (Intermediate). Oddly the Merlin App thinks its a Great Egret but the gape line does not fit with that conclusion at all. Can anyone assist?
thanks

P1080065.JPG

An Egret photo taken in the Moremi Game reserve during a stay in the Okavango Delta in Oct 2017. I'm sure I knew which Egret it was at the time but looking at the photo alone now it does not seem so obvious. Can't decide as it looks half way between a Cattle and Yellow-billed (Intermediate). Oddly the Merlin App thinks its a Great Egret but the gape line does not fit with that conclusion at all. Can anyone assist?
thanks

View attachment 1548337
Looks like a Cattle Egret to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back