• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

EL Replacements? (1 Viewer)

Look at E-bay sales and you will see the Swarovski EL easily outsells the Zeiss FL and it sells used at a higher price than the Zeiss FL sells new for even though there retail prices are similar.
Dennis

Utterly meaningless
You do not seem to have grasped anything from the replies to your earlier posting http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=38127
I wonder where you are coming from? :h?:

regards,
Wine Man

Zeiss

I always loved the EL´s and when I went to buy them I test the Zeiss FL 10x42 and I prefer the Zeiss, are realli GREAT.

For a moment here I thought I was in the DPreview.com camera forum ...... where rumor, speculation and future telling prevail above the facts . Unless someone here works for Leica, Swarovski or Zeiss ..... and have access to the books ...... what do you really know ? Do we know their market strategy and goals ?

I'm a consumer ...... and I prefer Swarovski . Above all the eye pieces work best for me . I've tried all the top ones ...... and they're all terrific. They're made with fancy named glass to ooh and ahh us ..... like we really know what they're talking about . We're comparing apples to oranges to bananas ..... and to each their own .

Binoculars are great to use aren't they ? They're a wonderful tool to assist us in our vision ..... I hope they were never intended to be analyzed beyond reasonable curiousity ..... because beyond that we may as live in a laboratory ..... what a view that would be !

My truth is ...... I really don't know squat. What do any of us 'really' know ?

Good Day, Garth

Why would Swarovski replace the EL?

Well somebody's gotta be the first to crack the $2,000 price point. Might as well be the silver hawk.

I hope they don't forget to make a really sweet $400 case for it.

Last edited:
Bill Atwood said:
Why would Swarovski replace the EL?

Well somebody's gotta be the first to crack the $2,000 price point. Might as well be the silver hawk.

I hope they don't forget to make a really sweet $400 case for it.

I'm ready and anxious, cash in hand. I want to see a 7.5x35 Swaro EL and a 9x35 Swaro EL, with improved color and contrast, perhaps with HD objective lenses.

Actually I think Swarovski already may have upgraded their ELs. 1-2 years ago I compared an "old" EL 10x42 with the Leica Ultravid 10x42 and to me the EL had a rather "cold" image, with a slight "bluish" color to it.

Today I tested a brand new EL 10x42 against a Leica Ultravid 10x42 and found, much to my surprise, that the colors of this EL was much closer to the Leica. In addition, the EL was both a tad brighter and showed slightly more contrast. I then compared it to a Zeiss 10x42 FL and found the two images almost identical, but again slightly more contrast in the EL! Now, if they only could do something about that eye relief...

So, is it just me, or have really Swarovski upgraded?

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back