• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Expected Delays to Repairs by Swarovski Absam later this year (1 Viewer)

John A Roberts

Australia
On the Spotting Scopes forum there is a recent thread: Swarovski sales delays
And in post #21, Eranou provides a link to a notification from Swarovski that I’ve attached below.

The main takeaways are . . .
As part of its digitisation process, Swarovski is introducing a new ERP (enterprise resource planning) system in August 2022.

As a consequence, Swarovski anticipates disruption to some services provided by its Austrian facility:
• Online ordering of products from the e-shop won’t be possible from 11th August to 5th September;

• Online registration of units for repair won’t be possible from 1st August to 5th September, and;

• In relation to repairs from 15th August to 5th September, units needing repair won’t be accepted, nor will estimates be provided,
and repaired units won’t be dispatched.

It's expected that full services will resume from the 5th September.

Presumedly SONA (Swarovski Optik North America) will continue to provide repair services as usual.

John

Attachments

• ERP upgrade.pdf
    280.6 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
I called Svarowski in the UK last week about getting some bins repaired and they said that nothing was being worked on until 5 September and that if I sent them in they would sit in the UK office until september. They indicated that this was a global issue and the impact was the same globally! :mad:
:mad::mad:

I must have got lucky, sent some ELs in at the start of June and had them back a week ago. I must say this was my first ever warranty repair/service for binoculars and Swarovski were excellent. That 10 year warranty is ironclad!

Any recent updates regarding delays to repairs and servicing etc, may be interested in a used field pro but weary of buying used if long delays are likely in the event of needing a general service etc?

Matt

In an email I received from Swarovski in mid January, they were saying that an item submitted then would be returned towards the end of March. So 8-10 weeks. I do not know if that has eased since (or indeed how much management of expectations was going on).

I must send my NL Pure 8x42 to Swarovski because the rubber Armor breaks down at one tube after 2 years of carefully use. I called Swarovski yesterday in Austria and they say it can take up to three months.
I will wait and use the bin with broken armor. Three months is to longe without the NL Pure for me. Hope this will be better in future.

i sent an older set of slc's in (from the UK) on 1st feb 2023 and had no confirmation as of yet been received
i have another set in need of repair but was reluctant to send both at the same time, as of yet i have no idea how long it'll be before getting them back but i'll keep you updated.

I must send my NL Pure 8x42 to Swarovski because the rubber Armor breaks down at one tube after 2 years of carefully use. I called Swarovski yesterday in Austria and they say it can take up to three months.
This begs two questions:
  1. Why did the armour of the NL break down so quickly? BTW, two friends of mine in the local birding community have got exactly the same problem. Seems like something has gone wrong here.
  2. Why didn't Swarovski manage to solve their problems with delays in repairs yet? This problem started last summer AFAIK, and some 9 months later it still persists. That's not good enough. For years Swarovski had the reputation of having just about the best repair service. And now? Now it is pretty awful, and that's being friendly.
I will wait and use the bin with broken armor. Three months is to longe without the NL Pure for me. Hope this will be better in future.
My two friends basically just used gaffer tape for temporary repairs. "Tesa Gewebeband", to be precise. Works like a charm. Sending their binoculars to Swarovski in the present situation ... No way.

Hermann

The spots were still visible when they came back.
swarovski dont replace external lenses during service unless asked to do so and then charge for it as lens damage isnt covered by warranty. it is possible the technician overlooked this?

the damage looks to me like fungus, possibly due to being stored with lens caps on after being put away damp or in a damp environment when still new before you bought it?... that said it can happen fairly quickly if put away even slightly damp with lens caps on.

its reasonable that the technician overlooked the reason for return but that said what did they do if that was the only reason for being sent in?
i sent a pair of el range in for service and specifically asked for a quote for replacement objectives as they were badly scratched, and they overlooked it. they did change them in the end for free though as a gesture of good will

the damage looks to me like fungus, possibly due to being stored with lens caps on after being put away damp or in a damp environment when still new before you bought it?... that said it can happen fairly quickly if put away even slightly damp with lens caps on.
Doesn't look like fungus to me at all. Read the whole thread.

Hermann

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back