• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Extremadura, or....... (2 Viewers)

Alf King said:
Ruby

I'm also off to Extramadura in late May. I have already got a copy of Muddeman (having bought it a few years ago) but I've also just bought a copy of Dave Gosney's "Finding Birds in Northern Spain". Whislt this covers a number of divers places it does have some good gen on Extremadura including maps and only costs £8 inc P&P from the Birdguides web site. In addition you will find information posted by other people on the site offering updates on the individual spots.

http://www.birdguides.com/html/fram...&right=books/updates/birdsinnorthernspain.htm

Thanks Alf, I'll have a look through that.

Rgds... Ruby

Extremedura books

Alf King said:
Besides the Muddeman book there is also Where To Watch Birds in Southern and western Spain by Garcia and Paterson if this hasn't been mentioned previously. It has 50 pages on Extremadura.

Hi Folks

I am off to Extremedura on Tuesday for a week, and managed to get copies of all books mentioned through my local library. Depending where you live, there will probably be a small charge, and if the library has to go outside the county to find copies there is no guarantee of how long it will take to obtain them, so plan well in advance!

Bigler

Ruby - there is no easier country in the world that Spain to play it by ear. Even the tinniest village has at least one place to stay, and the basic quality is almost invariably fine.

Thanks Guys,

I've purchased the Garcia book and we have managed to borrow a copy of the Muddemen, and with the aid of quite a few trip reports, we have at least managed a reasonable amount of prep.

Very interested in hearing how you get on Bigler - looking forward to seeing a trip report....

We've plumped for the Finca Santa Marta for 3 days, and then plan to play it by ear for the remaining 2 nights - we may even move onto another area, dependant upon how we're feeling....

Looking forward to it big-time!!

Ruby

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back