• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Feeling frustrated!! (1 Viewer)

So I thought Vortex was supposed to be a good quality binocular, so I got both the 8x42 Vortex Diamondback and the 10x42 Vortex Viper to test out. Was outside later in day, weather was gloomy and cloudy. I was focusing on birds in a tree high up with binoculars focused on birds/tree branches with somewhat bright cloudy sky in background and I noticed that the image of bird was not as sharp and crisp as I thought it would be, not even with the 10x42 Vipers, and then tons of purple and green discoloration to outline of birds and tree branches. I googled the issue and it said that was Chromatic Aberration/Fringing. So now I'm really frustrated because I thought these were decent quality binoculars and was not expecting to experience this. So now I'm left wondering is it a binocular quality issue or something else? Any thoughts or info on this?

I suspect you'd probably get more response in the 'binoculars' section of the site. You could ask a 'mod' to move it for you.

I suspect you'd probably get more response in the 'binoculars' section of the site. You could ask a 'mod' to move it for you.
See this the other thread.
Lots of replies.

See this the other thread.
Lots of replies.

Glad they found the correct place for it.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back