• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Finally ordered a ED82A (5 Viewers)

Now I have a tracking no. on the 82ED :)

One question about image quality when digiscoping with the 82ED. Is the quality so good that you could make large quality prints from the files?

Or is digiscoping for documentation mostly?QUOTE]

It depends with the distance when you digiscoped your subjects and also megapixels of your camera. My Fujifilm F31D is nice with A4 size and if my subjects too far or in low lights, I switched to video mode after getting few frames :king:

I want to order a Wide angle ocular.
I have allready the ED 82A.
What is the exactly type for a 30X for example.
Is this,Nikon 24x/30x MC, a proper eyepiece for digiscoping?
What did you pay for that?
Is there any good site to order?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I want to order a Wide angle ocular.
I have allready the ED 82A.
What is the exactly type for a 30X for example.
Is this,Nikon 24x/30x MC, a proper eyepiece for digiscoping?
What did you pay for that?
Is there any good site to order?

Thanks in advance

For digiscoping, I would suggest to get the DS 16/24/30x eyepiece and use the FSB-U1 adapter from Nikon with any compact cameras either from Nikon or other makers such as Sony W300, Panasonic LX3 and Sigma DP2 ;)

Or get the FSB-6 with Nikon Coolpix 5100 camera connect using the DS30x eyepiece. You can use the 24/30 MC eyepiece, but you need more rings in order to use the FSB-6 adapter.

Or with the DS30x eyepiece, get the universal adapter from SRB-Griturn like mine for digiscoping.

For digiscoping, I would suggest to get the DS 16/24/30x eyepiece and use the FSB-U1 adapter from Nikon with any compact cameras either from Nikon or other makers such as Sony W300, Panasonic LX3 and Sigma DP2 ;)

Or get the FSB-6 with Nikon Coolpix 5100 camera connect using the DS30x eyepiece. You can use the 24/30 MC eyepiece, but you need more rings in order to use the FSB-6 adapter.

Or with the DS30x eyepiece, get the universal adapter from SRB-Griturn like mine for digiscoping.

Do you know a place where they have the FSB-U1 adapter in stock ready to ship? :)

Today I tested my new Nikon Coolpix 6000 by just puting on the 25-56 Zoom occular without adapter.
On Monday I'll receive a new occular (16X-24X-30X WDS).
Then I have to count the diameter to order the proper adapter.

Attachments

• Nikon_coolpix_6000.jpg
    Nikon_coolpix_6000.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 154
One more pic with my new Nikon Coolpix 6000 on Nikon 82 ED and a Nikon 30 DS.
I ordered a swing out Bracket from Criturn but I did not receive it yet.

Attachments

• Falco_tinunculus.jpg
    Falco_tinunculus.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 174
I allready ordered a Swingout Bracket by Griturn.
How long it takes till they send it?It is now ten days since my order is placed.
Do they produce it after the order?
Here another try.

Be prepared for another couple of weeks waiting. I ordered simple alignment collar from them almost a month ago. Still waiting...

I am still waiting for the adapter..
Here a pic made in my last visit at Gallikos estuaries.
Is there any good settings to suggest for my Nikon Coolpix 6000?

Attachments

• common_tern.jpg
    common_tern.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 131
Still waiting for the adapter!
Is there any good alternative for my combination?
I use the Nikon Fieldscope 82ED Scope with Nikon 30x Wide DS.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back