• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fogged-up binoculars - advice? (1 Viewer)

Another camera that was in my pocket fared less well. It got a proper soaking and no amount of loving care would bring it back.

Ah for the days of the old analog mechanical cameras with minimal electronics!
B :)

While fishing for trout in the Delaware River with my Minolta XD 11 around my neck I bent over to retrieve my snagged fly under the water and thoroughly dunked my camera. I removed the film and batteries, opened the camera and set it and the lens on a sunlit rock for a couple of hours, went back to camp, put new film and batteries in it and it worked perfectly!:t:

Bob

PS: I still have it and use it on occasions like holidays.

Last edited:
Sancho,

I hope your Customs have made a full recovery.

I took mine to Twickenham for the Samoa game. They were excellent under the lights. Loved being able to see the action in the breakdowns. Watched the reccording of the All Black game. First rate. Ireland really deserved a better score line. Not much cheer in the Republic at the moment I guess. Still there's always the black stuff ;)

Hope all goes well.

David

Thanks for the advice everyone, the good news is that a combination of all the tips has enabled the patient to make a full recovery, this morning they're back to normal. So whatever about the other news, I'm chirpy!;)

Now, don't be taking them outside anymore! Or put them in a zip lock bag and take out for limited outings.

Maybe I do need waterproof roof compacts after all. The intended use of these was to take in my cycling-vest pocket. That´s not going to happen now. Odd, I´ve had EII´s and SE´s out in all kinds of weather over the years, and never had a problem. It must be something to do with the humid pocket.

Sancho,
Next time, just try laying it near the computer, and let all the hot air on this forum do its work.
Ron

Sancho - Your compact have the objectives sliding in and out. This may contribute more to drawing in moisture than do your SEs. Just a thought. John

Sancho - Your compact have the objectives sliding in and out. This may contribute more to drawing in moisture than do your SEs. Just a thought. John

Thanks John, I hadn´t noticed the sliding objectives. That could explain a lot. I do love the view, though, and am trying to think of a clever plan to carry them on my road-bike, in their waterproof case, perhaps sacrificing a water-bottle or under-saddle toolkit.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back