• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fort Wayne Peregrine Lays Second Egg! (1 Viewer)

Thanks Beverly I’ve added the link to my “favourites”. Apparently the female is called “Freedom”, a very original name! Looking forward to developments.

Paul, that information is from last year, when we know it was Freedom on the nest.

People just aren't sure yet that it's Freedom this year -- there's a possibility that it's a new female.

A good friend is one of the nestbox monitors and has promised to let me know when the female is definitely identified.

I’ve just checked the site and we’ve now got four eggs! There are some great views of the female, but they’re still not sure if it’s Liberty, when they ring the chicks they will be able to positively ID her. Apparently Peregrines mate for life so there’s a very good chance it’s her.

You're 'way ahead of me, Paul! I've haven't had much chance to check the nest the last few days, so hearing we're up to four is terrific!!

I'll see John, the nestbox monitor, on Sunday, so will ask him if it's definitely Liberty or not. Whoever it is, she's an awfully pretty mama!

That’s the wonder of Internet, Beverly; I can check what’s happening in your state even though I’m thousands of miles away! I love webcams, I have a whole list of them in my bookmarks.

Spar, I don't know if they have done DNA testing, and I'm pretty sure no microchipping has been done (with all our budget cuts in Indiana, especially in the DNR, I'm certain of it!).

At any rate, I'll do my best to remember to quiz John on Sunday and report what I find out!

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back